- Every time a PR is merged, the draft release note is updated to add a entry for this change
- We have a github release-drafter action which automatically does this after a PR is merged.
- It also increments the release version if this is the first PR for a new release. Note: This will only update the draft release note. We still have to bump the version as per versioning document
- When we are ready to publish the release, we use the drafted release note to do so.
- Release drafter categorizes the changes in the release into
Documentationcategories as per the labels added to the PR
Adding labels to the PR:
- Contributors can add appropriate label
to the PR (
- If PR contributor does not have the permission, Maintainers should add the label.